Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Your Personal Message

"To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, that is genius." 
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


Day 10 Assignment by Eric Handler

What is burning deep inside of you? If you could spread your personal message RIGHT NOW to 1 million people, what would you say?



I thought about what my personal message would be. I have a lot of personal messages. It seems that I've been through a lot and perhaps it's arrogance on my part to think that any of my messages are good enough, important enough, authentic enough to spread to 1 million people right now.  I thought, "do I even have a personal message that is burning deep inside of me?"


  • I have a message about living with Alzheimer's disease and loving your family and spending time with them. 
  • I have a message about getting out of debt and making wise choices to stay debt free. 
  • I have a message about saving animals and taking care of them, and what a huge responsibility it is. 
  • I have a message about Jesus who died to save us from the wages of our sins. 
I have a message about how, with God, all things are possible...


...That's it! That's the all-encompassing message that I have to share.

Yes, you can live with Alzheimer's and re-arrange your priorities to spend time with your family because with God, all things are possible.

Yes, you can become and stay debt-free no matter how impossible that may look at the moment because with God all things are possible.

Yes, the animal over-population problem can be solved and homes can be found for the unwanted because with God all things are possible.

And yes, the Word of God became flesh through a virgin birth, died to save us and redeem us from the three-fold curse of the law, and to ensure that our lives here and now are more abundant and that we will live with him throughout eternity.

How did these miracles happen? 


Because with God all things are possible.

No other realization can bring such peace. No other understanding can bring the same level of confidence, energy and inspiration. Think of it, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Do I want to improve my financial circumstances? I can do that. Even in the midst of a bad economy. Isaac planted crops in the middle of a drought and received a hundred fold harvest!

Do I want to improve my physical health? I can do that. When the 3 to 6 million Israelites left the bondage of Egypt, there was not a feeble one among them! Look at the symbolism there. Egypt represents darkness, bondage, sin. When they left that behind, when they came out of Egypt, when they entered into the light of freedom from sin, there wasn't a single feeble (sick) person in the entire population.

Do I want to improve my business? The scriptures say that if I follow God's Word, that everything I set my hands to do will be blessed; that I will be blessed in the city and in the field; that I will be blessed coming and going; that God will command blessings upon my storehouses!

Do I want to be successful? The book of Joshua tells me that if I will keep God's Word in my mouth and meditate on it day and night, that I will make my way successful!

Whatever you are lacking in your life, there is a promise in God's Word to correct that. There is nothing that God can't do, and there is nothing that I can't do with God on my side. If he is for me, who can possibly be against me.

Now, having said that, there is one thing that God cannot do. He cannot operate in the earth and in my circumstances without my cooperation. I know there are a lot of people who believe that God is in charge. I don't. I believe that if God were in charge of this world, it would be a much different place. When God gave man dominion over the earth, he gave us control over our own circumstances. As long as man lived in harmony with, and in obedience to God, everything was fine. Once man bowed down to Satan, and turned the dominion of this earth over to him, our troubles started.

But, I have good news! That's the whole point of the gospel. Jesus came to take back our authority, to regain our dominion. All we have to do is accept this wonderful gift.  We have the power residing in us that raised Jesus from the dead. This same power can resurrect us from our dead and decaying circumstances by breathing the breath of life back into them.

What is it you want to do? 
You can do it.

With God all things are possible!


#Trust30 Day Ten

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... please share.