Sunday, March 31, 2013

Why?


Tears are tasteless by magyarsh

In the blink of an eye, everything can change. Often, we look at the things that happen in our lives and the lives of others, and inevitably someone asks the question...

"Why?"


As you can tell by my blog title, and by the articles I post, I believe in the power of faith. I believe that most of the time our circumstances can be changed by having faith, and by living a life of faith.

I believe that faith is the currency of the Kingdom of God.

Why do I believe these things? Because that's what God's Word says

The world was created by words of faith, and it is upheld and maintained by words. The truth is, all of your words have faith attached to them. Sometimes that faith is called fear. The best scriptural example I have for that is in the story of Job. 

"For the thing which I greatly feared 
is come upon me, 
and that which I was afraid of 
is come unto me."
~Job 3:25 (KJV)

And sometimes, how much faith we have and how little fear we have, has nothing to do with what happens in our lives. We live in a cursed earth. The very ground is cursed. 

"The very ground is cursed because of you..."
~Genesis 3:17 (MSG)

So, why do bad things happen to good people? I believe that the enemy tries his best to discourage as many people as possible in order to make them lose their way. 

This is the way battles are fought. You try to take out the leader, because if you can manage to take the leader out, then chances are the troops will become confused and scatter having no one to follow. 

Why would the enemy bother concentrating his efforts on those who have already chosen his path? He doesn't need to do anything there. At this point, they are bringing enough evil into their own lives to destroy themselves... they are reaping what they sow.

But, what about those who are examples, preachers, teachers, the strong men and women of God that others look up to. The ones that some others, quite frankly, are watching to see if they will slip up or for some disaster to happen so that they can say, "See! What did I tell you! Where was your God when this happened?"

If he can get you to question your own faith, because you see someone who is strong in faith facing difficulties, then he has planted a seed of doubt that, left unplucked, can choke out the little faith that you have developed. 

Remember, Jesus never said we wouldn't have any problems. On the contrary, he said: 

"In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties."

Many people latch onto that portion of the verse, and leave it there. But, what I want you to notice, to really pay attention to, and to stand firm on is what that statement is sandwiched in between.

"I've told you all this so that trusting me, 
you will be unshakable and assured, 
deeply at peace. 
In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. 
But take heart! I've conquered the world."
~John 16:33

Today, on resurrection Sunday, we mourn the loss of Wade Walters... friend, boyfriend, brother, son, grandson, and mighty warrior of God. Yet, through our tears, we remain unshakable and assured and deeply at peace. Wade comes from a long line of mighty warriors of God. We know that the Underhill's, the Allen's and the Walter's are at peace. They know where Wade is. 

The enemy has long since been defeated. His attempts to weaken God's people, only serve to strengthen our faith. It's resurrection Sunday, and we will celebrate the risen Lord.

"That's why we live with such good cheer. You won't see us drooping our heads or dragging our feet! Cramped conditions here don't get us down. They only remind us of the spacious living conditions ahead. It's what we trust in but don't yet see that keeps us going. Do you suppose a few ruts in the road or rocks in the path are going to stop us? When the time comes, we'll be plenty ready to exchange exile for homecoming."
~2 Corinthians 5:8 (MSG)

If you like what you read here, please let me know by "liking" the post or sharing it. comments are also invited, but please no spam. If there is something in particular you would like me to write about, let me know that too. I'm pretty easy to contact.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... please share.